Always thinking outside of the box someone came up with the following ideas I thought were pretty clever…..flagranny2
A 6-year-old boy from China, who was born with 5 extra fingers and 6 extra toes, has undergone an operation to remove his extra digits, the Daily Mail reported. If you do the math – that’s 31 fingers and toes.
The unnamed child suffered from a condition known as polydactyly, in which a person has more than five fingers per hand and five toes per foot.
This condition can occur on its own without any other symptoms or underlying disease, according to the National Institutes of Health, or may be inherited.
In this case, the boy appeared to have central polydactyly, where an extra digit of a long or ring finger is concealed in a web between the adjoining normal fingers.
The boy’s mother said he has been ridiculed all his life because of the malformation, but thanks to a six hour surgery at a hospital in Shenyang, China, doctors were able to remove the extra toes and finger
Stallworth also reached a confidential financial settlement to avoid a potential lawsuit from the family of 59-year-old Mario Reyes, according to Stallworth attorney Christopher Lyons. Reyes was struck and killed March 14 by Stallworth, Stallworth, 28, told Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Dennis Murphy that he hopes to get involved in drunken driving education programs.
“I accept full responsibility for this horrible tragedy,” said Stallworth, who was accompanied at the hearing by his parents, siblings and other supporters. “I will bear this burden for the rest of my life.”
Stallworth faced 15 years in prison. After his release from jail, Stallworth [ Full story ]
Daniel Petric, 17, who could have gotten life without parole, shook his head slightly, sniffled and held back tears but sat down without saying a word when given the chance by Lorain County Common Pleas Judge James Burge.
Petric’s eyes were red from crying when his father, Mark Petric, asked the judge to be lenient and said his son regrets killing his mother and reminds his father often that he is glad his father survived.
“He’s told me that many times,” said Mark Petric. As for his mother, Daniel Petric’s frequent comment is “Dad, I miss mom. I miss mom,” the father said.
“He still does not understand why he did something so terrible,” Mark Petric told the judge. [ continue ]
Investigators say McTear, 21, tossed the infant out of a car window …….
Emanuel Wesley Murray, murder victim
TAMPA – The suspect in the kidnapping and death of a 4-month-old infant will face first-degree murder charges, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.
According to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, deputies responded to a domestic violence call at the Mirabella Apartments in the 12400 block of 15th Street North in Tampa 3:15 a.m.
The 17-year-old mother said her ex-boyfriend beat her and threw her infant son down on the concrete, then took off with the child.
When the police found McTear they told him he would be facing a 1st degree murder charge
And so ends the rest of his story……..As many of us listened to Paul Harvey anticipating his “and that’s the rest of the story” has died. Condolences go out to his friends and family…….flagranny2
(CNN) — Paul Harvey, the legendary radio host whose career sharing “the rest of the story” with listeners spanned more than 70 years, has died, according to ABC Radio Networks.
He was 90.
Harvey died at a hospital in Phoenix, Arizona, where he kept a winter home, said Louis Adams, a spokesman for the networks. He was surrounded by family members when he died, Adams said.
Known for his deliberate delivery and pregnant pauses, Harvey’s broadcasts were heard on more than 1,200 radio stations and 400 Armed Forces networks and his commentaries appeared in 300 newspapers, according to his Web site. Submit your memories of Paul Harvey to iReport
He had been hosting his radio shows part-time for much of the past year, after recovering from physical ailments including pneumonia and the death of his wife, Lynne “Angel” Harvey, in May 2008. To continue for the rest of story click here
VAIL, Colo. — The guy who ended up dangling upside down from a ski lift with his bare bottom whistling in the wind probably doesn’t want to hear any “ski bum” jokes. Vail Resorts said the 48-year-old man wasn’t injured and was rescued after about seven minutes. His name hasn’t been released.
Resort officials have said only that the man was trying getting on the Blue Ski Basin lift on New Year’s Day. They haven’t said what went wrong.
Resort workers stopped the lift, backed it up about 10 or 12 feet and rescued the man.
Bystanders snapped photos and posted them the Internet, showing a man who looks to be hanging by one ski boot, his ski pants and underwear apparently snagged in the chair and reaching no farther than his knees.
Vail spokeswoman Liz Biebl confirmed the photos on one site were in fact the victim.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Christina “Paige” Alley, 14, and Levi Carlson, 16, were found Sunday under a highway bridge in Council Bluffs, Iowa, MyFOXKC.com reports.
“They were living on the streets in Omaha, Neb., and Council Bluffs, Iowa,” Paige’s father, Jeff Alley, told the station. “They had some help from some transient people.”
The teens vanished during a football game on Oct. 17 in Lathrop, Mo. Alley performed in the band at the game’s
The teens vanished during a football game on Oct. 17 in Lathrop, Mo. Alley performed in the band at the game’s halftime show and then got permission to leave.
When the pair didn’t come home at all that night, Alley’s parents called police. Carlson was originally identified as a victim, but police later named him a suspect, according to MyFOXKC.com.
The Alleys were reunited with their daughter on Sunday night.
“To put our arms around her was just amazing,” Jeff Alley said. “I can’t even describe it. It was just wonderful.
For the full story see MyFOXKC.com
SATURDAY, October 25, 2008
Pressly was found beaten early Monday at her home. She was hospitalized and sedated.
Pressly’s parents released a statement saying they were “with her in her last moments.” They also asked for “the privacy we need at this very difficult time,” KATV reported.
Police said Pressly was apparently not targeted but was attacked during the course of a burglary. Her purse was missing.
Pressly was beaten around the head, face and neck. She had been unable to communicate with her family or police while sedated in the intensive care unit.
The anchor’s death came only a day after a doctor said he was encouraged by her recovery.
Dr. Clifton R. Johnson said Friday that swelling in Pressly’s brain had gone down since she was hospitalized and that doctors had slowly been reducing her sedative dosages.
Police have yet to identify a suspect, though detectives have combed the area around Pressly’s home in the Heights neighborhood, a mix of bungalows and mansions near the Little Rock Country Club.
News reports have said detectives found evidence that Pressly’s credit card was used Monday at a gas station a few miles from her home.
Pressly had a brief role as a TV commentator in Oliver Stone’s film “W.,” released in theaters this month.
For more details released earlier click HERE
Friday, October 17, 2008
Daniela Rossi, an archaeologist based in Rome, said the discovery of the monumental marble tomb of Marcus Nonius Macrinus, including a large inscription bearing his name, was “an exceptional find.”
She said it was “the most important ancient Roman monument to come to light for twenty or thirty years.”
The tomb is on the banks of the Tiber near the via Flaminia, north of Rome. Cristiano Ranieri, who led the archeological team at the site, said the tomb had long ago collapsed into the mud but its columns, roof and decorations were intact. Some parts of the tomb had slipped into the river, but had been recovered.
Marcus Nonius Macrinus, born in Brescia in northern Italy, was a general and consul who led military campaigns for Marcus Aurelius, the Roman emperor from 161 AD to 180 AD.
He became part of the Emperor’s inner circle and one of his favorites, serving as proconsul in Asia.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
I was wondering how long this one would last and I was so wrong…flagranny2
LONDON — Madonna and Guy Ritchie confirmed this afternoon they will divorce. The singer’s spokeswoman Liz Rosenberg said the couple had agreed to separate. In a short statement — co-signed by Guy’s representative — Rosenberg added the couple had not agreed a settlement.
It read: “Madonna and Guy Ritchie have agreed to divorce after seven-and-a-half years of marriage, their representatives confirmed today.
“They have both requested that the media maintain respect for their family at this difficult time.”
The couple went public with their split because they “can’t bear to live with the pretence any longer.”
They have had a string of shouting matches about the amount of time each devotes to their careers, and over Madonna’s desire to adopt another child.
A highly-placed source told The Sun: “It’s very sad. They were a great couple and brilliant parents. They just couldn’t live together any more.”
Pals say Madonna, 50, initially wanted to wait until next year to announce their separation — after her Sticky and Sweet global tour is finished.
But now she and British movie director Guy, 40, want a divorce finalized before Christmas — which would have seen the eighth anniversary of their fairytale wedding in a Scottish castle.
The source said: “Despite huge attempts to patch things up they both knew deep down that divorce was on the cards.”
“It wasn’t a matter of ‘if’ but ‘when.’ They tried hard over the last few months but their fighting was getting out of control.”
“The final straw came before Madonna started her US tour.”
“Madonna wanted a highly stage-managed separation, with their split being announced when it was convenient for her.
“She didn’t want the distraction while she is trying to concentrate on her tour.”
“But a series of fights around Guy’s 40th birthday last month were so bad that Madge ended up storming out of the house and Guy’s had enough.”
“Madonna was dithering at first about whether a separation would be best or whether to go ahead with the divorce.
“She has now agreed with Guy that a divorce is the best thing to do.”
Ritchie has flown back from France, postponing filming of his new movie “Sherlock Holmes,” to break the news to his parents.
This week he will take his possessions from the couple’s London home, which Madonna owns, and move into their Wiltshire home, which he owns.
According to the Times of London, rumors of problems in the marraige have dogged the couple for about a year. In July, the wife of New York Yankee slugger Alex Rodriguez filed for divorce from her husband, claiming Madonna was to blame for the collapse of their marriage.
Madonna has denied any relationship with Rodriguez.