Jessie Davis:Medical Examiner Unable to Determine How Jessie was Killed(Hmm, possible strategy behind waiving rights to preliminary hearing)

Thursday, August 02, 2007

CLEVELAND — After more than five weeks of tests and investigation, a medical examiner said Wednesday she was unable to determine how a pregnant woman was killed. [Full story]

IN MY WORDSFrom the minute we  heard the words of a little boy Blake, “Mommy was crying. Mommy broke the table. Mommy’s in rug.”we were all caught up in what started out as a missing person only to become a horrific crime.  

If we remember, when Cutts lead them to where Jessie’s body was buried they found it already decomposed more than what they would consider normal.  They contributed it to the type of soil in that area which was mostly wet/damp. 

Now the Medical Examiner is unable to determine HOW Jessie was killed and I have a feeling that’s what Cutts plan was to begin with. 

If you have read this far, stick with me here and let me explain why I think they really waived their rights to the preliminary hearings.

1 – Cutts and Ferrell had so much cleaning products I think they used it not only to clean up any mess in the house and car but also on the body. 
2- I think Cutts had a specific reason for burying Jessie where they did.


By burying Jessie where they did it put her body in an area where conditions were conducive to promoting decomposition along with the help of all the cleaning solutions.  It put distance and time allowing the body more time to decompose. 

I believe Cutts is relying on the decomposition to help his case.  Why, because being a policeman he knows that a body can be so decomposed that it’s not only impossible to determine the cause of death but unable to determine how they were killed.  

By waiving rights to preliminary hearings there would be no evidence released to the public prior to the case going before a Stark County grand jury. 

I think it goes without saying both Bobby Cutts will be convicted of double homicide and felony however without the ME unable to determine the exact cause of death it could  possibly have an affect as to what sentence Cutts will receive; life with/without parole, death, etc. 

I think in the end Ferrall will be facing the same sentencing.  With all the cleaning solutions she had, she had to be more involved other than obstruction of justice.   

(Thanks for reading my thoughts,   flagranny2   🙂

From Medical Examiner  – [Summit County Medical Examiner Lisa Kohler ruled that the manner of death was a homicide but offered no other details in a news release. “Based on our examination of the remains, as well as consideration of supplemental laboratory testing and investigative findings, her cause of death will be listed as unspecified homicidal violence,” Kohler said.Investigators previously stated that the advanced decomposition of the body would make determining a cause difficult. The medical examiner’s office said its ruling was final and that it could not exclude any type of injury as causing Davis’ death.]

Advertisements

5 Injured in Vegas Casino Shooting After Man Opens Fire

Friday, July 06, 2007

LAS VEGAS —  A man on a balcony over the New York-New York casino floor opened fire on the gamblers below early Friday, wounding four people before he was tackled by off-duty military reservists, police said. A fifth person was hurt in a crush of people fleeing the casino.

“It was crazy, pandemonium,” said Jade Jacobson, 28, a tourist from Deland, Fla., whose cousin, a dance teacher from Pennsylvania, was wounded in the leg.

“People were running and jumping over slot machines and knocking over chairs,” Jacobson said. “All I was thinking was that I could die right now.”

Police said 16 shots were fired, and again revised the number of injured in the 12:45 a.m. shooting. All the injuries were described as minor, and none of the victims remained hospitalized Friday morning, authorities said.

Las Vegas police Capt. James Dillon said a woman and a teenage boy were wounded; a man was grazed by a bullet; a woman was hit by a bullet fragment or shrapnel; and a woman was bruised and scraped when she fell amid the crowd of people exiting the casino.

Steven Zegrean, 51, of Las Vegas, was arrested on felony charges including attempted murder, battery with a deadly weapon and discharging a firearm in an occupied structure, Dillon said.

“All we know so far is that he was emotionally distraught,” Dillon said. “I can say with absolute certainty that this has nothing whatever to do with terrorism.”

Zegrean emptied a semiautomatic handgun toward the casino floor before he was tackled by a U.S. Army reservist, a Navy reservist and others who held him for police, Dillon said. He said he did not know the names of the people who intervened.

Dillon said police have a casino surveillance video that shows the shooting.

Melody Zegrean, 43, a Las Vegas resident who identified herself as Steven Zegrean’s cousin, said he had been divorced for several years and estranged from most of his family since his ex-wife remarried.

“I love my cousin and everything,” she said, “but his temper and not being able to relate has really gotten worse recently. He’s been threatening the family for some time now. He’s been pushing everyone away.”

She described Steven Zegrean as a Hungarian immigrant and unemployed house painter who liked to gamble.

Troy Sanchez, a 13-year-old from Van Nuys, Calif., who was wounded in the left ankle, said he heard more than 10 gunshots from a balcony over an escalator that takes customers to the casino floor. He was with his mother and older brother, who works at the casino’s Manhattan Express roller coaster.

“We thought it was fireworks,” the teenager said. “I didn’t even see the guy at all.”

Police said they believed Zegrean entered the casino from a walkway connecting the New York-New York to the MGM Grand, and walked past a vendor and a shop before opening fire near the top of the bank of escalators.

“It seems like some local guy who snapped and went to the hotel to do it,” police Officer Ramon Denby said.

Sanchez and Jacobson’s cousin, who declined to be identified, were treated at University Medical Center in Las Vegas and released. Dillon said both people with graze wounds and the woman who was bruised in the crowd were treated at the scene and released.

Larry Ramos, 33, a tourist from Lansing, Mich., said he arrived at the front of the hotel to find people rushing out.

“There were flip-flops just laying all over the place like people were running out of their shoes,” Ramos said. “Within a minute and a half there were 30 to 40 police there. The cops just swarmed the place with M-16s and their guns out.”

Ramos said bystanders cheered for the wounded when they were wheeled out of the casino to ambulances, and later talked about the people who tackled the gunman.

“People don’t put up with stuff after 9-11 no more,” he said, adding that he was surprised that the casino never shut down.

“That’s what amazed me, Ramos said. “They locked down the tables, but they let people still keep playing the slots.”

The 2,000-room hotel-casino, which opened in 1997, features a facade replicating the New York City skyline, with a 47-story knockoff of the Empire State Building, a 150-foot Statue of Liberty and a Coney Island-style roller coaster. It is owned by MGM Mirage Inc.

Casino spokeswoman Yvette Monet said its operations had been fully restored Friday morning.

“Guests are being informed that it’s business as usual,” Monet said.

Cutts, Ferrell waive right to preliminary hearings

Posted by Metro staff July 02, 2007 13:13PM

Fox News, Studio B – revealed Cutts and Ferrell waived their rights to a preliminary hearing because they didn’t want the evidence to go public.

Bobby Cutts Jr. waived his right to a preliminary hearing today and the case against him will be presented to a Stark County grand jury for felony charges

Canton Municipal Judge Richard Kubilus continued Cutts’ bond, which is set at $5 million.

Authorities believe Cutts, 30, killed his girlfriend, Jessie Davis, 26, on June 14 at her Lake Township home a few miles outside of Canton. Davis was pregnant with a child believed to have been fathered by Cutts.

Cutts and Davis also had a son together.

Cutts’ high school classmate Myisha Ferrell also waived her preliminary hearing today. She was arrested for obstruction of justice. Authorities searched her home in connection with Davis’ disappearance.

A grand jury will consider felony charges against Ferrell as well.

Cutts gave up his right because he doesnt want the evidence made public. 

Woman Gets Prison for Caging Grandson

The Associated Press
Saturday, May 12, 2007; 3:30 AM
How in the hell can they consider child abuse misdemeanor. I don’t understand it I think they need to take a hard look at their crimes = punishments every where as this should not even have the word “misdemeanor” in the sentencing at all. It just makes me sick.
BRIGHTON, Colo. — A 62-year-old woman was sentenced to three years in prison for locking her grandson inside a dog kennel every night for three years while she went to work as a jail counselor.

Under a plea bargain, June Candelario was also sentenced Friday to one year of probation.

“I cannot imagine any society that would say it is just and fair to inflict this harm on a child that cannot protect himself,” Adams County District Court Judge Harlan Bockman said.

Candelario, a former state trooper, put the boy in a 4 foot by 3 foot kennel each day at 4 p.m. and let him out hours later when she returned from work, authorities said.

She pleaded guilty to one felony count of conspiracy to commit child abuse that resulted in bodily harm and a misdemeanor count of child abuse.

The boy was 10 when the abuse began and 13 when Candelario was arrested last May.

“I felt like I was in a prison in my home,” said a letter from the boy, which was read in court. “When I was in the cage, I felt scared and lonely and that I was not loved by my grandma.”

The boy’s foster mother said the boy refused to attend sentencing because he remains afraid of Candelario.

Information source: washingtonpost.com

Woman Who Posed As Boy Pleads Guilty

Published: May 10, 2007

Filed at 11:30 a.m. ET

“I know there are sick people out there but reality never sets in until reading articles like this.”

EVERETT, Wash. (AP) — A woman who posed as an homeless orphaned boy, befriended a teenage girl and was taken into her family’s home has pleaded guilty to child molestation.

Prosecutors say they would seek the maximum one-year jail term for Lorelei J. Corpuz, 30, who entered her plea Wednesday. Charges of third-degree child rape were dropped last month.

Authorities said Corpuz, who cropped her hair and stands 5-foot-3, passed herself off as 17-year-old Mark Villanueva after meeting the girl at a mall in September 2005. Her parents, immigrants who speak little English, later let Corpuz live at their home.

The deception became known after a traffic stop led to Corpuz’s arrest on an unrelated warrant. The girl was in the car and told police that Corpuz was her boyfriend, according to documents filed in court.

Although Corpuz had sexual contact with the girl, ”the suspect never let victim see her/his private parts and victim always thought that suspect was male until officer informed her otherwise,” Police Officer Don de Nevens wrote. The girl also said Corpuz beat her and bit her twice on the back, leaving a scar.

The girl and her family were not in court Wednesday. Deputy Prosecutor Mark Roe said they were relieved by the outcome of the case, which drew wide attention.

”They just want to be left alone. Being a victim of a felony sex offense should not turn you into a sideshow,” Roe said.

Sentencing was set for June 18.

After serving her sentence, Corpuz must register as a sex offender, and she remains under investigation for fraud and other sex offenses, including accusations in Kitsap County that closely resemble the Everett case, authorities said.

In that case, detectives looked into whether Corpuz had a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old Bremerton girl three years ago.

That girl gave a nearly identical account of what happened in Everett — someone posing as an orphan named Mark and being allowed to move into her home, Deputy Scott Wilson said.

Information source: The New York Times