See how many you get right,check your answers below.
1. We only use 10 percent of our brains?
2. Drinking hot coffee will help sober you up after drinking alcohol?
3. The drowsiness some people experience may be from the warmth of the milk
on a full stomach?
4. Eating too many carrots will turn your skin orange?
5. Spinach is a good source of iron?
6. Eating honey reduces seasonal allergy symptoms?
7. Staring at the sun can cause blindness?
8. Using Aloe Vera helps your sunburn?
9. Drinking 8 glasses of water a day is good for your health?
10. Sucking the thumb as a child will give you buck teeth?
11. Your heart stops for an instant when you sneeze?
12. Shaving hair causese it to grow back faster, darker and coarser?
13. Reading in dim light hurts your eyesight?
14. You will catch a cold if you go to bed with wet hair?
15. A flu shot will give you the flu?
16. Eating chocolate causes acne?
17. Eating stuffing from the turkey will cause salmonella poisoning?
18. Placing a wet tea bag or cucumber on your eyes helps reduce wrinkles?
19. You should wait at least 30 minutes after eating before swimming?
20. Your hair and fingernails continue to grow after you die?
1. False: People without a neurological condition use almost all of their brain, according to the University of Arkansas for Medical Science. And the brain is always active and involved in all of the conscious and unconscious activities of the body.
2. False: Coffee cannot reverse the effects of alcohol.
3. False: Warm milk may help one relax but no evidence of making one sleepy.
4. True: Eating too much of food that is high in beta[carotene can cause a yellowish discoloration of the skin, according to the Dermatology Clinic at UAMS.
5. False: Spinach is not particularly rich in iron.
6. False: Honey doesn’t prevent any problems with seasonal allergies. In theory it honey is purely thought of as anecdotal especially among homeopathic and non-scientific publications.
7. True: According to ophthalmologists the sun emits solar radiation which damages the retina.
8. True: Research has shown that the aloe vera plant does aid in healing mild burns and sunburns.
9. False: Water is definitely good for one’s health but there is no definite amount but it is the key in reducing kidney stones.
10. True and False: Normally does not cause a problem for young children however if continued beyond the age of 5 when permanent teeth begin to come in it may affect the shape of the palate by changing the relationship between upper and lower jaws.
11. False: Sneezing changes the regular heart beat momentarily to adjust but the heart doesn’t stop.
12. False: Shaving doesn’t effect the part of the hair shaft below the skin which is where color and pigmentation occur.
13. False: Neither dim or bright light changes the health or function of your eyes.
14. False: No medical evidence shows that going to bed with wet hair can cause a cold.
15. False: You can not get the flu from either the flu shot or the nasal-vaccine.
16. False: No definitive evidence has been linked to chocolate or any foods causing acne.
17. False: As long as everything is prepared properly. Salmonella bacteria is killed by cooking foods at a high temperatures.
18. True: Cucumbers and tea bags contain some botanical elements which can temporarily reduce wrinkles but which ones work not known.
19. False: The theory that eating increases the blood flow to the stomach and intestines to absorb nutrients therefore less blood to deliver oxygen to remove waste products from the exercising muscles. Truth is the body has enough oxygen to supply the stomach and muscles.
20. False: Hair and nails appear to grow longer because skin around them retracts.
Were you able to get all correct?